The M V Mandali’s Colleges of Commerce & Science Library is the heart of all academic activities of the college. The Library is continuously upgraded and keeps on adding knowledge enriching books to its collection which includes more than 7000 books, periodicals, Newspapers, CD-ROM’s, Journals, Magazines & E-Book. The facility of the reading room and digital library section are made available to all the students & faculty. The library is well-equipped with the latest infrastructure of computers, speaker, CDs etc.
The library follows Open Access System (OAS) in order to achieve ‘Every Reader has his/her book’ and ‘Save the time of the reader’. Demand for any new book or any other publication by faculty & students is met with a positive and prompt response. Important Notices, New Arrivals of the Library, article clippings from the newspapers are displayed on the notice board regularly.
The college Library is undoubtedly an ocean of knowledge for our college which strives hard to add more drops of knowledge by increasing number of books, reference books, dictionaries, journals, magazines, newspapers & audio-visual materials & make it readily accessible to the students for improving their intellectual level.
All working days: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Reading rooms for students and faculty. Students can refer to books, magazines, newspapers, etc. by presenting their identity card at the library counter. Students are not allowed to take such materials out of the library without permission of Library staff.
- The home issue on library cards will be provided to the students, which will entitle them to borrow two books at a time for 7 days, subject to renewal.
- Open access is provided to the entire library collection. Students are allowed to browse through the shelves and issue the desired book.
- Book Bank Scheme is available for the academically good but economically challenged and deserving students. These students will be provided with a set of textbooks for the current academic year.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) of books in the library for students and teachers.
- Library E-Corner where separate computers with internet access are available for Students and faculty.
- Silence and discipline are a must.
- Students are not allowed to take reference books, or any other books /materials out of the library without issue on the home issue card, they will be fined and will not be issued books in the future.
- It is forbidden to mark/underline the pages of the library books with pencil/ink or mutilate them in any manner. The reader to whom the book was issued last will be held responsible unless he/she brings it to the notice of the library staff before borrowing the book.
- Students must follow all library rules, regulations and instructions, displayed on the library notice boards.
LIBRARY BOOK EXHIBITION 2016:
The College Library had organised the Book Exhibition on 30th & 31st July, 2016 in the College Library premises. The Exhibition was organised by Shroff Publishers & Distributor and Sterling Book House. It included a variety of collection related to Management, Finance and IT subject and covers books from different National and International publications.
LIBRARY BOOK EXHIBITION 2019:
Learning Resource Centre of MVM College has organized a Book Fair cum Exhibition on 3rd and 4th December 2019 to enhance reading habit and to generate awareness about the library among students. Approximately 700 Books from areas like Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Taxation, Management, Marketing Management, research methodology, economics, information technology, etc. were showcased by Himalaya publishing house, Venus books, and Sai books. Along with staff, students also got the opportunity to go through the books and recommend them for the library.
Approximately 15 staff and 194 students were visited, and around about 170 books were recommended. The active and enthusiastic participation of Staff and Students made the event in grand success.