About College Development Committee(CDC)
(1) There shall be a separate College Development Committee for every affiliated, autonomous, empowered autonomous college or recognized institution, consisting of the following members, namely:-
- Chairperson of the management or his nominee ex-officio Chairperson;
- Secretary of the management or his nominee;
- One head of the department, to be nominated by the principal or the head of the institution;
- Three teachers in the college or recognized institution, elected by the full-time amongst themselves out of whom at least one shall be a woman;
- One non-teaching employee, elected by regular non-teaching staff from amongst themselves;
- four local members, nominated by the management in consultation with the principal, from the fields of education, industry, research and social service of whom at least one shall be alumnus;
- Co-ordinator, Internal Quality Assurance Committee of the college;
- President and Secretary of the College Students’ Council;
- The principal of the college or head of the institution – Member – Secretary.
(2) For a college or institution managed and maintained by the State Government, the College Development Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:-
- The principal of the college or head of the institution – Chairman.
- Joint Director designated by the Director of Higher Education, the ex-officio Member;
- Three teachers in the college or recognized institutions, elected by the full-time approved teachers from amongst themselves;
- One non-teaching employee, elected by the regular non-teaching staff from amongst themselves; College Development Committee
- four local members, nominated by the Director of Higher Education in consultation with the principal, from the fields of education, industry, research and social service and having a minimum post-graduate degree of whom at least one shall be alumnus;
- Co-ordinator, Internal Quality Assurance Committee of the college, ex-officio;
- President and Secretary of the College Students’ Council; and
- One head of the department, nominated by the principal or the head of the institution – Member Secretary.
(3) The College Development Committee shall meet at least four times a year.
(4) Elected and Nominated members shall have a term of five years from the date of election or nomination. If any vacancy occurs in the office of such member, the vacancy shall be filled within three months by the Principal and the member so appointed shall hold office for the residual term for which the earlier member shall have held the office if the vacancy had not occurred.
(5) The College Development Committee shall,-
- Prepare an overall comprehensive development plan of the college regarding academic, administrative and infrastructural growth, and Enable College to foster excellence in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities;
- Decide about the overall teaching programmes or annual calendar of the college;
- Recommend to the management about introducing new academic courses and the creation of additional teaching and administrative posts;
- Take a review of the self-financing courses in the college, if any, and make recommendations for their improvement;
- Make specific recommendations to the management to encourage and strengthen research culture, consultancy and extension activities in the college;
- Make specific recommendations to the management to foster academic collaborations to strengthen teaching and research;
- Make specific recommendations to the management to encourage the use of information and communication technology in teaching and learning process;
- Make specific recommendations regarding the improvement in teaching and suitable training programmes for the employees of the college;
- prepare the annual financial estimates (budget) and financial statements of the college or institution and recommend the same to the management for approval ;
- Formulate proposals of new expenditure not provided for in the annual financial estimates (budget) ;
- Make recommendations regarding the students’ and employees’ welfare activities in the college or institution;
- Discuss the reports of the Internal Quality Assurance Committee and make suitable recommendations;
- Frame suitable admissions procedure for different programmes by following the statutory norms;
- plan major annual events in the college, such as annual day, sports events, cultural events, etc. ; (o) recommend the administration about appropriate steps to be taken regarding the discipline, safety and security issues of the college or institution ;
- Consider and make appropriate recommendations on inspection reports, local inquiry reports, audit report, report of National Assessment and Accreditation Council, etc.
- Recommend the distribution of different prizes, medals and awards to the students.
- Prepare the annual report on the work done by the committee for the year ending on the 30th June and submit the same to the management of such college and the university;
- Perform such other duties and exercise such other powers as may be entrusted by the management and the university.
Constitution of CDC
Shri Sanjeeva Salian
Chairperson of the management
Shri Bhaskar Salian
Secretary of the management
Principal, Dr. Gopal Kalkoti
Ms. Seema Rawat
Co-ordinator, Internal Quality Assurance Committee of the college
Mr Divyesh Nagrecha
Head of department
Ms Anita Chaudhary
Mr Manojkumar Shah
Ms Manisha Shinde
Mr. Mohan Salian
Principal Shobha Menon
Principal of Valia College, Andheri, From the field of Research
Dr Vijayalaxmi Koppikar
From the field of Education
CA Dr Kiran Rege
From the field of Industry
Mr Vishal Nair
Mr Melroy Fernandes
President of the College Students' Council
Mr Amar Kanchan
Secretary of the College Students' Council